Your ‘fee status’ is an assessment made by King’s after we receive your application. We follow national regulations and guidelines about which students are permitted to pay a lower rate of fees (the ‘Home’ fee) and are eligible to access certain loans or funding schemes in the UK.
How will King's determine my fee status?
Your fee status is determined by several factors, and not just by your nationality or where you currently live. You will be asked a number of questions when you apply to help us assess your fee status; if we’re unsure we might send you an additional fee status questionnaire to gather further information.
Can King's determine my fee status during my application?
Unfortunately, we're unable to assess your fee status before you submit an application to King’s, but we hope that the information sheet from UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) will be a useful guide. Details on the assessment process be found under 'Fee status assessment' on the relevant webpage:
- Undergraduate admissions policy
- Postgraduate admissions policy
- Postgraduate research admissions policy
Important to know:
- If your application is successful, we will inform you of your fee status within your offer letter.
- If you have any questions about your fee status once you've applied, get in touch with King's Admissions via King's Apply, before accepting your offer.