Information on how to apply for Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA) funding is available on the "how to apply" government webpages.

If you are funded by the NHS, you first need to apply for a student bursary, via your BOSS (Bursary Online Support System) account. Once you have done so, you can apply for DSA online, also via BOSS. For more information, visit the NHS Bursary webpages.

Support offered through DSA is determined by the student attending an Assessment of Needs (sometimes called a Study Needs Assessment). Once you have applied for DSA, you will receive a letter inviting you to book an Assessment of Needs. You must have the letter (DSA1 letter) before you can be seen by an assessor.

How can a DSA assessment be arranged?

You can arrange a DSA assessment by contacting Disability Support. Take a look at Accessing Student Support and Wellbeing remotely for guidance on how to contact the team during this period.  If you are able, please send your DSA1 letter to Disability Support in advance. Alternatively, you can search for assessment centres by going to the Disabled Students Allowances Quality Assurance Group webpage.