What format should my thesis be in?
I have other materials I want to include in my thesis. How do I do that?
I'm considering a thesis incorporating publications. Where can I find advice?
Checklist for submitting your thesis
Before submitting your thesis, you should:
- Talk to your supervisor(s) about your readiness to submit and discuss the RD1 Form.
- Ensure your thesis meets any word count requirement
- Discuss with your supervisor third-party copyright, and that you are ready to orally defend your thesis.
- Plan ahead if there are specific personal deadlines such as a job or funding opportunity, visa issues or a fellowship application you wish to meet. We estimate the average time period from submission of an RD1 to the final outcome of a Pass is at least 9 months and frequently a lot longer.
- Think about your potential examiners, their level of experience with UK-based PhDs, understanding of your field of study, ability to participate in an Oral Examination and reliability in completing and returning all examiner reports post-Oral Examination.
Important to know: Read our FAQ's for Research degree students which includes helpful guidance on submitting your thesis.