For Home and EU students, you will be able to apply for funding through Student Finance for the first four years of your course. Once you progress on to the 5th year of the course (and any subsequent years), the NHS will be the main body who fund these parts of your course. Details on the specific funding you might be eligible to receive are below.

Years 1 – 4

  • A Student Loan for tuition fees is available to most home/EU full-time undergraduate students. Loans are paid back after students have left university and are earning £25,725 a year or more. You can find more information about tuition fee loans on the King's webpages.
  • Maintenance loans for living costs are part of the financial student support package available to assist most new and existing full-time home students with their living expenses. The amount of student loan you can get will depend on the year you started your course, your household income, where you live and the type of course you are doing. You can find more about maintenance loans on the King's webpages. EU students are usually only entitled to fee loans but there are some exceptions, which are explained on the UKCISA webpages.
  • The maximum maintenance loan available to most students living away from the family home in London for 2019-20 is £11,672. This increases to £11,929 if you are eligible for welfare benefits whilst on your full-time course. The amount available to you will be based on your household income, as assessed by Student Finance.
  • If you have dependants or need help to attend university because of a physical or learning disability, then Student Finance can assess you for extra help, known as Targeted Support. For more information on these funds, please visit the government's webpages.
  • The Student Finance Calculator will let you calculate the amount of maintenance loan you're likely to receive.
  • Further information, including details of how to apply and information about repayment, are available on the and Student Room websites.

Year 5 onwards (where relevant)

  • Fees will be paid in full by the NHS for all home and EU students.
  • For living costs, the NHS will assess home students for a non-means tested grant of £1,000 and a means-tested bursary.
  • Student Finance can offer a non means tested Reduced Rate Loan to help top up the NHS funding. You can find more information about funding from the NHS on their webpages.

Funding from King's

King’s also offers a wide range of scholarships and bursaries, including our King's Living Bursary, which are published and regularly updated on our Fees and Funding webpages.