Students registered on a part-time course cannot claim exemption and will have to pay Council Tax.

If you are a student registered on a full-time course but have a period of part-time attendance then you should still qualify for exemption. You might be eligible for Council Tax Reduction if you are a part-time student and on a low income. If you think either of these scenarios apply to you, then please contact our Advice & Guidance team.