EU and international students are treated the same as Home students regarding Council Tax. If you live in a property attracting a Council Tax charge then you might have to pay, regardless of the fact you are not a UK national.  

If you bring a partner with you to the UK on a visa then they will be exempt from Council Tax charges provided their visa states that they have "no recourse to public funds" or "no right to work". Make sure you send evidence of these restrictions to your Local Authority so that they are aware. This does not apply to dependents who are EEA or Swiss Nationals, British Nationals or those who have Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK themselves. 

If you are an exchange student who is studying full-time but will attend King’s for less than an academic year then you might still qualify for exemption if your home educational establishment is situated in a Member State of the European Union.

Our Advice & Guidance team are very experienced in support students with council tax enquiries, so please contact them if you need support.