Lost/Stolen BRP outside the UK
- Inform the Home Office via their Report a lost or stolen BRP webpage.
- Apply for a Single Entry visa so you can re-enter the UK. Learn more about this procedure in the "If you're outside the UK" section of the government's BRP webpages.
- Once you have re-entered the UK, you must apply for a replacement BRP within 1 month of your return.
Lost/Stolen BRP inside the UK
Inform the Home Office via their Report a lost or stolen BRP webpage.
Complete a Replacement BRP form within 3 months of losing it. Once you have submitted your application, you will need to attend a UKVCAS Centre to submit your biometrics.
When you receive your new BRP card, you'll need to scan a copy of this to the Visa Compliance Team.
- Report this to your local police station.
- Contact your embassy in the UK to find out how to obtain a new passport.
- Inform the UKVI of your new passport by completing a Migrant Change of Circumstances (MCC) form.
- If you get a new passport while studying, you'll need to scan a copy of this to the Visa Compliance Team.