When opening a bank account with Barclays, international students must provide:

  1. A standard Confirmation of Study letter.
  2. A verified term-time address.                                                                


For international students who live on campus:
Your address must indicate that you are living on campus/halls of residence or a property that is owned by the university. If you are not sure if your accommodation is owned by King’s College London, take a look at the full list of residences owned by King’s.

If further verification is needed, Barclays can log an education verification request through Student Services Online. Please bear in mind that verification requests will take longer during our busy periods, such as the start of term.


For international students who do not live on campus:
If you meet the pre-existing criteria used to open an account with Barclays, you are permitted to use your tenancy agreement as proof of verification.

Important to Know:

  • Students are responsible for updating their address on Student Records throughout their studies. Take a look at our guidance on How to update your address on Student Records.
  • If you have any further queries or concerns about opening an account with Barclays, please contact your local branch.