We are continuously improving Student Services Online to ensure that we are providing a better experience for the King's community. This article highlights all the new features and improvements you’ll experience from November 2019.
- All enquiry forms now have an in-built feature suggesting articles that might answer your question.
- All articles now have a ‘Provide feedback’ option at the bottom of the page, which enables us to collect anonymous feedback about the article’s content.
- We now have enhanced data protection checks for phone and in-person enquiries so that we can better protect your personal information.
- Email addresses that were not previously stored in our database are now verified within our system, making it easier for you to get in touch.
- We’ve made lots of small refinements to enquiry handling processes, which we hope will combine to make a big difference to how fast we can answer your questions. For example, our staff can now view more information about prospective students’ course interests and incoming students’ records, enabling us to assist these student groups more efficiently and with greater accuracy.
- We’ve simplified the way former students can request documents, including being able to provide additional information in their requests.
- Edits to the wording on some forms, including success and error messages, so that they are as simple and consistent as possible.
- We've improved parts of the site design so that it works (and looks!) better on mobile devices.
- We’ve fixed several accessibility issues so that visually-impaired users can better navigate the site and submit enquiries. Our Accessibility Statement is also now published online.
- MBBS students requesting an elective support letter can now add the start date of their elective in the correct format.
- Our Service Level Agreements now exclude weekends (our non-working days), increasing the accuracy of the time estimated for you to receive a first response from us and have your case resolved.
- When a case is closed, you'll no longer receive an additional email incorrectly informing you that your case has been merged.
- If you reactive a case (available to current students only), then it will no longer display incorrect estimations of first response and resolution times.
Keep helping us to improve
If you raise an enquiry with Student Services, please be sure to provide us with feedback when you receive your 'We've resolved your case' email. This helps us to know what's working well and to inform future improvements to the service.