Some academic departments at King’s might consider students who want to transfer from another university. If you are looking to transfer from another university, before starting an application you should check the full list of programmes that accept students wishing to transfer. If a course is not on this list, it does not accept transfer applications from another university.
How can I apply for a transfer?
You can submit an application through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS). The official UCAS deadline of 15 January will also apply for applicants making a transfer application.
Students must also meet the requirements below for their transfer application to be considered:
- You must meet the standard first year entry requirements for the course. You can find the minimum entry requirements for each course using our online prospectus.
- You have studied the same or similar modules to those taught during the first year of study here at King’s, when you were in your first year. You can find the full list of modules for each year of study when you search for a course using our online prospectus.
- You have achieved a 2:1 or are achieving a high 2:1 in your first year of study.
What happens if my application is successful?
If your application is successful then you will receive a formal offer through UCAS which you can choose to accept or not. You should carefully think about the following, before accepting an offer with us:
- Take a look at the regulations for transferring to King’s from another university This includes guidance on how your final degree classification will be calculated.
- If you require a Tier 4 visa for study, it is likely that you will need to make a new visa application. Take a look at our interactive guide on applying for Tier 4 visa for more information. Once your application is successful, King’s will provide you with a new CAS number, through the King’s Apply Portal.
- You should also consider how a transfer might affect your funding or scholarship eligibility. Contact the Funding Office for more information.
- Take a look at our guidance for disabled applicants, if you currently have a disability support plan in place. You can get in touch with the Disability Support Team if you have any issues or concerns with managing your condition or disability before studying at King’s.
Important to know: If you believe you meet all the criteria above, and you would like further guidance on the likelihood of your application being considered, get in touch with us.