If you are on a Tier 4 Visa and will be studying remotely in light of the Coronavirus outbreak, the guidance below can help to answer some of the questions and concerns you may have about your visa.

How can I ensure I don’t breach the conditions of my visa?

To ensure you do not breach the terms of your visa you must be sure to follow the guidance below:

  1. Complete our remote study form, (which you can access on the Student Records home screen) to declare you will be remote studying, regardless of whether you choose to stay in the UK, or if you are returning to your home country. 
  2. Continue to engage with your studies online using the resources  provided by your department and submit any assessments by the deadline date.
  3. Be prepared to return to the UK, once you are notified by King’s that normal teaching on campus, has resumed.

I’m worried about breaching the conditions of my visa if I go back to my home country

As long as you fill in the remote study form and engage with all alternative assessments and online learning, you will not be breaching the conditions of your visa, should you wish to return to your home country. You must, however, return to classroom-based study on campus when we confirm you are able to do so.

Do I need to ask for a Confirmation of Study letter for when I return back to the UK?

As long as you have a valid visa, you will not need to request for a Confirmation of Study letter from us.

My visa is expiring but I cannot travel back to my home country, what should I do?

If you are concerned about your visa expiring, please speak to Student Advice and Guidance Team, on +44 (0)20 7848 7001. You can call the team on:

  • Monday - Thursday between 13.00 - 15.00
  • Friday between 9.00 -11.00

Alternatively, you can email the Student Advice and Guidance Team

Important to know: 

  • If you get into any difficulties engaging with your studies remotely, or you find you are unable to return to the UK when you are notified that teaching on campus has resumed, please contact the Student Advice and Guidance Team who will give you further guidance on your options.
  • If you feel you must travel, please take a look at the Foreign and Commonwealth latest advice on travelling abroad to your chosen destination, where you can keep up-to-date with any border restrictions, and sign up to receive updates.