If you think that you may have a specific learning difficulty such as dyslexia or dyspraxia, you might be eligible to receive additional time during your exams.

How can I get additional time in my exams?
If you have a diagnosed Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD) or a medical condition that may affect your performance in written exams, you can apply for a Personalised Assessment Arrangement (PAA).

How can I apply for Personalised Assessment Arrangements (PAA)?
For guidance on how to apply for a Personalised Assessment Arrangement (PAA), please take a look at our article: Guidance for applying for Personalised Assessment Arrangements


Important to know:                  

  • If you are unsure if you have a disability or learning difficulties, you should contact the Disability Support Team, who can arrange a diagnostic assessment for you. For more information, please take a look at our article I think I've got dyslexia, can I be tested?

  • The Disability Support Team can also give you advice on your PAA application. To find out how the Disability Support Team can help you manage your disability during your studies, please visit our Disability Support webpages for more information.