If you are an undergraduate (UG) or postgraduate taught (PGT) student applying for work during your studies, whether to an employer directly or through King’s Talent Bank, you may be asked to provide proof of your term dates.

The university’s term dates can be found in the academic calendar.

If you’re being asked to provide this information in a letter, Student Services can provide you with a Confirmation of Studies letter with your term dates added.

We still however encourage any prospective or current employer to refer to the academic calendar for up-to-date and accurate information about term dates.

Important to know: To help us provide the best service to you, we will always ask you for details of exactly what you need and what you’re trying to use it for. This is to make sure we have as much information as possible, enabling us to issue you with the right document and the right information, every time.

To request this please submit a document request form.

What about postgraduate research (PGR) students?
If you are a PGR student, then the usual term dates for taught students don’t apply to you, so we won’t be able to add term dates to a letter for you. Your studies continue throughout the year and instead you can book ‘annual leave’. If you wish to book annual leave, please discuss this with your supervisor.

If you need to prove you are currently enrolled at King’s, you are best to use your Confirmation of Study letter. For more detail please see our article I need to prove I’m a student.

I am on a Student visa:
If you are an international student studying on a Student visa (UG, PGT or PGR), and you are looking for documentation to support a job application for employment during your studies, please read our article I’m on a Student visa can I work while I’m studying?