We’re confident that all members of the King’s community want to do the right thing to protect their own and each other’s health. Our community commitment, jointly with King’s College London Students' Union (KCLSU) is a reminder of what we all must do to mitigate the risks to ourselves, to those around us and in the local community.

Our Student Coronavirus Conduct & Behaviour Policy Statement sets out these expectations in more detail. We all have a responsibility to familiarise ourselves with the latest guidance on coming to campus and it’s okay for each of us to politely remind others of the guidelines if they are not following them.

How can I report poor coronavirus behaviours?
There are various mechanisms in place at King’s to help you to report concerns or issues if you wish to: for example, where individuals or groups are demonstrating poor coronavirus behaviours or not complying with the guidance.

Important to know: This is different from reporting to the university when you need to self-isolate because you are quarantining following international travel or when you have been requested to by NHS Test and Trace, the university, King’s Residences or KCLSU because you are displaying coronavirus symptoms or you have been in close contact with someone that has symptoms or tested positive. You must report this using the King’s Coronavirus Self-Isolation Form.


To report poor coronavirus behaviours taking place in a space that could compromise the health or wellbeing of others: 

These behaviours include:
  • Not respecting 2m safe distancing
  • Not responding to requests to comply with H&S measures.
  • Over-crowding
  • Not following coronavirus protocols when using the lifts
  • Gatherings of more than six people who do not belong to the same household (or support bubble)
  • Termination of teaching sessions
  • Individuals not adhering to health and safety

To report poor coronavirus behaviours by another student, where you know the student’s identity:  
​​​​​​​​​​​​To report poor coronavirus behaviours by a member of staff, where you know the staff member’s identity: 
  • Students should speak to their Personal Tutor in the first instance. Formal complaints can be made via submitting a stage two complaint to appeals@kcl.ac.uk.
​​​​​​King’s Residences
If you are concerned about poor coronavirus behaviours in Residences, you should speak to the Residences Manager or a Warden in your residence in the first instance. You can find out how to get in touch with a Residence Manager or Warden for your accommodation on our Accommodation webpagesResidences staff will follow the Residential Disciplinary Policy when deciding on next steps.

General Health & Safety Concerns
Any concerns about health and safety issues not related to coronavirus should be reported via AIRSWEB, King’s online accident and incident reporting tool.