- I need to travel to the UK
- Support for students who must quarantine when they arrive in the UK
- Semester 1 2021-22: Important arrival information for international (including EU/EEA/Swiss) students
In order to submit an application for hardship support, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be enrolled on a programme at King's from September 2021 as a new or returning student.
- Be studying full-time at undergraduate, postgraduate taught/research level.
- Be an international (including EU, EEA or Swiss) student travelling from a red list country directly to England and you are required to quarantine.
- Be travelling to England because your course requires you to be on campus/your timetable has on-campus teaching. You would have confirmed this on your Study Location form as part of your enrolment/re-enrolment.
- Your quarantine start date should take place after 1 September and end no later than 18 October 2021.
- Your annual household income and savings should not exceed £40,000 (GBP equivalent)
Important to know:
- Please note that meeting the eligibility criteria above alone does not guarantee that an award can be made.
- Home students who have been overseas for the summer break are not eligible to submit an application.
To submit an application, you will need to complete an online form.
During your application, you will be required to upload:
- An invoice and proof of payment for your completed quarantine.
- Evidence of your household income (you or your sponsors) and your savings.
Please contact Student Funding if you need any support with your application, or if you have further questions about the Quarantine Hardship Fund.
You can only submit one application during Semester 1. Your application must support you when travelling to England to commence your studies.
What happens if my application is approved/rejected and /or the colour status of a country changes?
We will continue to monitor this closely in line with government guidance and support affected students appropriately.