It’s a very good idea to have a bank account under your own name when you start studying, especially if you have claimed student funding or even for paying bills in general (e.g. rent, utilities, etc.). 

Opening a bank account usually takes time and consideration and we recommend doing a bit of research. Remember – you are the customer, and banks are keen for your custom, but they are not all the same and it’s worth finding out more about what they are offering and which bank will best suit your needs



Which type of account should I choose?



I’m a Home (UK) student; what’s it like opening a student account?



I’m an International/EU student; what’s it like opening a student account in the UK?



How do I prove my identity to open an account?



I have a complaint/dispute with a bank; what can I do?



How can I improve my understanding of banking and financial services?


Comments (0)