A Confirmation of Study letter confirms your basic personal and course details. It is designed for opening a bank account, obtaining council tax exemption and many other situations where you simply need to prove you’re a student with us. You can view an example of this letter online.
To download your personalised and official letter from King's:
- Log in to Student Records (if you have difficulties, contact the IT Service Desk).
- Check your personal details are correct and up-to-date
- Click Confirmation of Study letter
- Select a general or bank letter
- Select Send letter to KCL email address
Concerned your letter might not be accepted?
We have worked directly with banks and other authorities (such as local councils/government) to ensure the letter meets standards. You might also find the below advice helpful:
- If you're submitting a paper-copy, make sure it's in colour
- In the unlikely scenario that your document's authenticity is questioned, we recommend you show them this article to view this information
- If you're able to demonstrate the generation of the document on your connected device in front of them (phone/laptop/etc.) then this will also greatly support their understanding
- If in a bank, ask to speak to the Bank Manager to explain, as the customer service agent opening your account may have training gaps
- Consider opening your account with a branch close to campus where they are more familiar with student customers