King's CareerConnect is the King's online careers portal enabling students, recent alumni, staff and employers to engage with our services and make the most of what we offer.
Once set up, you can:
- Access our vacancy board, search for part-time work, placements, internships and graduate-level opportunities from employers targeting King's students and recent alumni.
- Set alerts and reminders for new opportunities and events according to your personal preferences and career goals.
- Book one-to-one careers or application guidance appointments, practice interviews and careers lounges.
- View our events calendar and book attendance at our fairs, networking nights, employer presentations, workshops, placement series and other events.
If you are a current student then you will automatically be registered with your King's username (your 'K' number, eg. k0123456) once you have enrolled in person and received your King's ID card.
All you need to do is complete (or update) your profile when you first log in, or at the start of each academic year, to tailor the content and notifications you receive.
If you're a new student then you'll be able to access the system 24 hours following completion of enrolling online and receiving your ID card.
1. Visit CareerConnect and select Student login.
2. Log in using your King's network username (your 'K' number) and password.
3. If prompted, complete or update your profile and notification settings - this helps tailor your experience and ensure you're kept up-to-date with the latest newsletters or alerts. You can update or change these in your profile settings at any time.
4. Use the menu along the top to navigate the portal and view jobs, book appointments, browse and book events or apply for exclusive King's Internships.
You'll have access throughout your studies, until a few weeks after you complete your course. This includes if you are on a year or semester abroad or in industry. You will also have the option to sign up for vacancy alerts from a separate service called TARGETjobs which is not run by King's Careers & Employability.
For more information on accessing King's CareerConnect for alumni, researchers, academics, staff and employers please visit Using King's CareerConnect