Important to know:
- Your HEAR, Final Transcript and Record of Agreed Results documents are all hosted on Gradintelligence.
- Please don't register yourself for your own account on Gradintelligence. This creates an account which is not linked to your student record and your HEAR won't appear there. King's has automatically created Gradintelligence accounts for every graduate since 2012, which is linked to your student record.
Where is my HEAR and what format is it in?
Your HEAR is an electronic document and is hosted on a website called Gradintelligence or 'Gradintel' as it is commonly called.
As a King's student, we have already set up an account for you; all you need to do is activate it to access your HEAR for the first time.
To access your HEAR:
- Activate your account on gradintel.com using your King's email address.
- Your HEAR may not be immediately available; the document is only released following the ratification and release of results at academic boards.
- Once your results have been released, log in to gradintel.com.
- If you have a HEAR available, it will be on the Gradintelligence homepage.
- Select 'view my HEAR' to view the document.
- Select 'share my HEAR' to send a secure link for someone else to view the document or print directly from a PDF viewer.
What is Gradintel and how does it work?
Gradintel is a service and website external to King's which is used by universities in the UK to deliver the HEAR. It is owned by the Tribal Group but the content of your HEAR is supplied and managed by King's and is linked to your student record.
When you enrol as a student at King’s, we register you with an account with Gradintel, all ready to fill up your HEAR as you progress through your studies. This means that you don’t need to register yourself on Gradintel – we’ll do it for you. In fact, when you started your studies, you should have received an email about activating your account. If your KCL email account is still active, search your inbox for “hear” and you should find it.
Your account with Gradintel and your HEAR are free.
Important to know: Your Gradintel account is just that – yours, which means it’s attached to your information. The KCL HEAR team can access your account to update information, but other staff at King’s, including Student Services, can’t access your account. This means your HEAR is not something we can create manually or print out for you. If you ever need a hard copy of your HEAR, you would need to print it yourself – it comes already stamped. However, it is designed to be used digitally, and this is what we would recommend.
What's the best way for me to send my HEAR to employers, institutions, agencies or any other organisation?
The HEAR is designed to be used digitally. As such, please only send your HEAR via the official ‘Share’ function on the Gradintel website. This function allows sharing with whomever you need, and you can set access as appropriate to your needs. You are then sharing the live and most up-to-date version of your HEAR and this is what we advise to ensure validity.
While it is you sharing access to the documents, they remain within the secure website of Gradintel.com and are uploaded and maintained directly by King’s.
Important to know: If you download your HEAR and email it as an attachment, it might make the document appear invalid or inauthentic.
I can't find my HEAR on Gradintel
If you have logged into your Gradintel account and no HEAR is appearing there, please consider the following:
Have you recently enrolled as a new student? If yes; your HEAR won't appear until you have some ratified results. For most undergraduates, this will be towards the end of your first year. For postgraduates, this will most likely be towards the end of your course if you're doing a 1 year course, or towards the end of your first year, if your course is longer.
Are you a postgraduate research student? Unfortunately, HEARs are not available for research studies since such studies don't follow a prescribed modular structure. Please log a case and let us know what you need.
Have you activated your account with your KCL email address? You need to be sure the account is connected with your KCL record and is the account we have created for you. You will have received an email when you started at King's letting you know your login credentials, but these need to be activated the first time you use your Gradintel account. If you are a current or recently graduated student, search your KCL email inbox for "hear" and the email with these details should appear.
If you've lost access to your KCL email account, or you can't find your login credentials, please visit Gradintel: Account Recovery for support.
Have you registered yourself directly through Gradintel? If you have manually gone through the registration process from scratch on Gradintelligence, the account may not be connected with your student record, and so your HEAR will not will appear. KCL updates your Gradintel account and we link this account to your student record. If you registered yourself directly with the website, this will bypass our processes to connect your HEAR and transcript. If you think this is what may have happened, please visit Gradintel: Account Recovery for support in resolving this.
If you're having any other difficulties accessing your account or viewing your HEAR or transcript, please visit Gradintel: Account Recovery.
I am a current student and can't access my Gradintel account
You can easily access or activate your Gradintelligence account by using the online account support process:
- Go to Gradintel Account Recovery.
- Select King’s College London from the Institution dropdown list, enter your Student ID number and Date of Birth, use Captcha to authenticate and click “SUBMIT”.
- Choose the email address verification method (it will include a hint for what email address it is).
- Enter the e-mail address based on hint displayed on the page.
- You will receive an automated message with a verification code.
- Check your email for the verification code message, copy and paste the code into appropriate text field on the verification page.
- Once verified, you will be redirected to the account activation page.
- There, you will be asked to reconfirm your Date of Birth, define your new account username, password and specify your security question and security answer so that you can then use these to reset your password, should you ever forget it.
If you have any issues, please use the 'Contact us' form option or write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org providing your full name, date of birth, student email address and student ID number (if you still have it). Please describe your issue so the Gradintel team can help you.
I am a former student and can't access my Gradintel account
If you graduated a while ago, it’s likely your KCL email has been disabled. If you never activated your account while you were a student, you may need support to access your account. Please use the 'Contact us' form option providing your full name, date of birth, student email address and student ID number (if you still have it).