King's College London subscribes to the Higher Education Degree Datacheck (HEDD) which is an online verification service for employers, agencies and educational institutions to verify the qualifications of graduates of the university.
The online candidate verification service allows registered enquirers to enter data provided by applicants (name, date of birth, institution, year of graduation, qualification classification etc).
In real time, the service checks the information given against an encrypted dataset from the university’s student records and verifies if matched.
Important to know: Enquirers will be charged a small fee per enquiry.
How to Register
To make an enquiry you need to register with HEDD by visiting www.hedd.ac.uk.
- Select ‘King’s College London’ from the list of UK higher education institutions
- Choose the option to 'verify a degree award'.
How to make an enquiry with HEDD
To make an enquiry please visit www.hedd.ac.uk
You will need the following information from the candidate to obtain an Education Verification:
- individual’s name
- date of birth
- year of graduation
- degree result
- signed consent form from the individual.
Important to know:
- We recommend that you ask to see the degree certificate if there is one, and use that as the basis of your verification enquiry, or ask individuals to give you their data as they believe it is recorded in the student records system. That way you have a better chance of getting an automatic verification.
- If you don't get an automatic verification, the enquiry will go to the university for manual verification. For this, we aim for a 5 working-day turnaround time.
- If you want to verify start dates, please ensure these are requested at the time of making the verification request.
For more guidance on using HEDD please see Advice & Guidance on Degree Fraud
Verifying education for current students
If you are looking to verify the studies for a student currently enrolled at King’s, we recommend you ask your candidate/applicant to supply a Confirmation of Study Letter which is the best way for them to prove their course and enrolment status.