If you are an international student who has had a break from study for more than 60 days that has resulted in a curtailment of your Tier 4 visa, then you will need to apply for a new visa to enter the UK and resume your studies at King’s.

Important to know:  The UK Home Office has introduced new immigration system from 5 October 2020. The new “Student Visa” route has replaced the “Tier 4 (General)” visa route. Please read our article New Student Visa Immigration Route for more information.

When should I request a CAS? 
We advise you to request a new Confirmation of Studies letter (CAS) approximately 3 months prior to your planned return date by completing a CAS request form; take a look at our article I'm a current student, how do I request a CAS? for guidance. Where relevant, please include the date that you plan to continue with your studies.

Once you have received your CAS, then you can apply for your Student visa; take a look at our article How do I apply for a Student visa? for further guidance. 

Important to know: You cannot apply for a Student visa more than 6 months before your planned date of returning to full-time study and you will not be able to re-enter the UK more than 1 month in advance.