If you have a document or form that you need completed, signed and stamped by King’s, we can help. Student Services can complete most forms on behalf of the university or can provide guidance if you need to take it elsewhere.
In this article we present breakdown of the different types of forms we usually see with some guidance on what to do:
- Forms which Students Services can help with
- Forms which the Student Funding Office can help with
- Financial or tax forms
- I'm not sure what type of form I have
Common forms/documents that Student Services can sign include:
- Disabled Students' Allowances (DSA) Disability Evidence Form
- Enrolment confirmation: there are a range of forms that require confirmation of enrolment and course details.
- E402 Form: benefits form for the Belgian government.
- Lånekassen Form: confirming enrolment for the Norwegian government.
- National Rail 16-25 Railcard for mature students: mature students (26 and over) can apply but will need the form signed off by Student Services.
- Study abroad forms: this includes arrival or departure forms for Erasmus or similar.
How do I get my document signed by Student Services?
- Before submitting to us, you can fill in your own personal information on the document. However, please avoid completing sections on your course details, such as course dates or any fees. This is because we must complete these details to exactly match your record.
- Submit a form completion request; You will be prompted to sign in.
- Please complete all the fields and upload document/form which you need us to sign.
- Please include details of a deadline if you have one.
- We will then check your record for the required details, and ensure you meet the relevant criteria. We'll be in touch if we have any further questions for you, to help us complete the form.
- We will then complete the relevant details, sign and stamp the form, and return it to you by email in digital format.
- If you need the form in hard copy, please let us know when submitting your request. Once it's ready, we'll ask you to book an appointment slot with us to collect the form from one of our service desks.
- We can only sign documents that are in English. Unfortunately, we are unable to sign or verify documents solely written in another language.
- If your form is long or requires detailed information about your studies, fees status or payments made, it is likely we will need to liaise with your academic department or another team within the university. This means sometimes it can take us a bit longer to complete your request than our usual 5 working days. This is also true for periods of high demand during the year; please allow extra time for your request during September and October which is the busiest time of year for all departments across the university.
If the form you need completed is any of these:
- Alberta Student Aid Funding
- Canada Student Grant for Services and Equipment for Persons with Permanent Disabilities (CSG-PDSE)
- Career Development Loan
- Ontario Bursary for Students with Disabilities (OBWD)
- Ontario Program Information Form
- Student Loans Company/Student Finance England (and other regions) related
- TfL 18+ Oyster card
- US Federal Loan
Please contact and supply your documentation to the Student Funding Office who are best placed to support you.
Forms for finances or taxes can vary. Some can be completed by Student Services and others need to be completed by the Credit Control team.
1098-T Tax Form
This is aimed at US institutions. Please contact Credit Control and the Student Funding Office who can provide support.
Documents for the Canadian Revenue Agency
These can be completed either by Credit Control or by Student Services, but not both for the same student. If you have previously submitted these documents to Credit Control, please submit it to them on any subsequent occasions.
If this is the first time you are submitting this form to King’s, you may submit to either Student Services or Credit Control.
If you can’t see your form listed anywhere above, or you’re not quite sure, don’t worry. Simply submit your form through the form completion request and provide as much information as possible, including a deadline if you have one. We will do our best to support you.
Important to know: If your form is long or requires detailed information about your studies, fees status or payments made, it is likely we will need to liaise with your academic department or another team within the university. This means sometimes it can take us a bit longer to complete your request than our usual 5 working days. This is also true for periods of high demand during the year; please allow extra time for your request during September and October which is the busiest time of year for all departments across the university.