Disability Support at King’s are a team of specialist advisers, who offer information, advice and guidance to both prospective and current students, who have a long-term, medical or mental health condition, and specific learning difficulty or other impairment impacting on learning.
This article will give you an overview of how Disability Support will support you once you’ve become an offer holder at King’s.
Soon after receiving an offer to study with us, and if you have declared a disability during application process, you'll receive an email from Disability Support. If you chose not to declare a disability upon application, you can still receive information about support by registering with Disability Support. Take a look at our article How do I register with Disability Support for the first time? for more information on registering for the service.
This email will also include a Disability Support Guide, which includes guidance on:
- Possible adjustments at King’s College London.
- Information on Personalised Assessment Arrangements for written examinations
- Funding information on schemes such as Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs).
Important to know: If you’ve not received an email from Disability Support once you’ve got an offer, we advise you to get in touch with the team, whenever you’re ready to do so.
What happens after I’ve registered with Disability support?
After you’ve registered with Disability Support, they will get in touch with you to discuss your support needs, and may offer an appointment with a Disability Adviser, either before you start your course or after you have enrolled.
Who can I speak to before making an application?
Our Faculty Disability Liaisons can provide more information about applying to specific courses or departments and can answer enquiries that relate to accessing a building or how a course is assessed. To speak with a Faculty Disability Liaison, please get in touch with your faculty/department for your chosen programme of study.
Important to know:
- You'll not need to re-register with the Service or re-send evidence of your disability if you’ve already provided Disability Support with this information, or/and have been contacted by the team.
- You can find some useful information and resources to give you a flavour of student life at King’s, within our Offer Holder Hub
- We also advise that you keep up to date with the latest news and impact of the Coronavirus pandemic on our Coronavirus webpages.