This article provides a campus glossary to help you decode room names.  

You can find out more about our campuses and how to get there on the King’s website. 

Important to know: 

  • In British English, the floor of a building at street level is called the ground floor. It can also be referenced at King’s as ‘Level 0’. The floor above it is the first floor, or ‘Level 1’. 
  • Floor level numbers starting with a minus (-) refer to floors underground. ‘Basement level’ or ‘Lower Ground Level’ can also be used in place of ‘Level -1’. 


Strand Campus


Located on the north bank of the River Thames, the Strand Campus is home to Bush House, King’s Building, Macadam Building and Norfolk Building and houses our arts and sciences faculties. 


Bush House (BH)


Strand Building (S)


King's Building (K)


Norfolk Building


Macadam Building (MB)


Virginia Woolf Building (VWB)



Guy's Campus


Guys Campus is based on the riverside next to The Shard and is home to the Faculty of Life Sciences & Medicine and the Faculty of Dentistry, Oral & Craniofacial Sciences. 


Shepherd’s House/Henrietta Raphael House



Waterloo Campus


James Clerk Maxwell Building (JCMB)


Franklin Wilkins Building (FWB)


Waterloo Bridge Wing (WBW)



Denmark Hill Campus


Western Education Centre (WEC)


IoPPN Building