What is a Travel letter? 
A travel letter is a document you can use to support your application for a visa to travel overseas while you are a student. This confirms your enrolment status and is addressed to the embassy you are applying to for your visa.

If you are travelling for study purposes, please read our article Can I study abroad during 2021-22 for further guidance. 


Important to Know: You must ensure that you've obtained a travel letter from Student Services before booking an appointment with any embassy. 



Content rich text editor
Home Office regulations require students travelling during term time to have approval from their academic department. If necessary, Student Services will contact your department on your behalf once you have requested a travel letter and ensure that you receive a copy of their approval. If you are only travelling over the weekend, you do not need permission from your department.



I’m an international PGR student and want to travel abroad during my studies 


Requesting a travel letter 

What should I do before requesting a travel letter? 



How do I request a travel letter? 


Requesting a visa 

 Do I need a visa to travel? 



I'm travelling to Europe 


Take a look at our Immigration & Visa advice category for more articles on visa and immigration support throughout your studies at King’s. 

Related Articles (1)