For former students or alumni, we recommend using your degree certificate to prove your degree, which will have been issued to you in the months after you were awarded.

King’s has many thousands of alumni from over the years, and the university has changed and re-structured its faculties and departments across the decades. As such, administration and records for courses have changed and the documentation available to you is likely to depend on when you studied with us.

Please click on the relevant options below for more information:

Started your course at King’s in 2012 or later?
All taught students studying at King's from the 2012/13 academic year will be eligible to receive a Higher Education Achievement Report (HEAR).
The HEAR is an electronic document designed to be shared digitally. This is a great document to prove all the details of your degree and we encourage it’s use for all those who are eligible to access it.

Started your course at King’s before 2012?
All students who first registered before the 2012/13 academic year will receive a paper transcript and can obtain a replacement degree certificate if this is lost.
Important to know: Due to remote working, currently we’re not able to issue any hard copy documents. If you started before 2012 and need documentation, please submit a document request and we will do our best to help you and provide a digital solution.

Started your course at King’s before 2006?
King’s was given awarding powers in 2006. Prior to using those powers, the university awarded degrees from the University of London. If you started before 2006 but graduated shortly after that year, it may be possible you were offered the choice of being awarded a King’s degree or University of London degree. Please check your original degree certificate to be sure.

If you were awarded a University of London degree, you are most likely to be able to obtain documentation from University of London Transcripts Office.

If have lost your degree certificate, or for any reason you are unsure which institution awarded your degree, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us and make a request – Student Services can look into this for you.

Studied a postgraduate research degree?
Postgraduate research degrees are not modularised, which means they are not credit rated and measured in the same way as taught courses. This means transcripts are not possible for research degrees; this is the case whether you are a recent graduate or graduated years ago.

If this is you, we recommend using your degree certificate to prove your degree. If this is not possible, Student Services can produce an Award letter for you. Please refer to the guidance below on how to log a case and make a request with us, and we will do our best to produce the documentation you need.
Important to know:

  • Due to remote working, currently we’re unable to issue hard copy documents, only electronic documents.
  • We will always do our best to produce any documentation that you need. However, depending on how long it has been since you graduated and how much information is still held on record for you, this may take longer than our usual 5-working days turnaround time to produce. As such, please allow plenty of time for us to fulfil your request.
Requesting documents
The process for requesting documents from us as a former student or alumnus is different to that for current students, because you will likely not have login credentials (your King’s login will typically expire soon after your course end date).
For data protection reasons, we also need as much detail from you as possible so we can locate your record in our system and confirm a match.

To request documents from us: 
  1. Visit the Former Student document request form. Please don't change the pre-populated category and sub-category fields.
  2. Complete the additional fields on the form.
  3. If you still have your student ID number, please include this.
  4. Once all fields are completed and you've attached any relevant files, select 'Submit'.
  5. Student Services will then process your request and contact you if they have any clarification questions.

Important to know: It's easier for us to identify you if you provide the personal email address we have on record. If we cannot match the information you submit, we will always contact you to confirm certain personal details before proceeding to ensure we are protecting your data.