If you’re currently in the UK and you hold a Student visa sponsored by another university or college, it’s likely that you’ll need a new Student visa before you can start your studies at King’s.

There are several factors that will determine if you need a new visa and if you’ll be able to apply for that new visa inside the UK or need to leave the UK to make your application.

To assess your situation, the following points are considered:

  • if you hold a Student or Child Student visa
  • if you’ve successfully completed your previous programme
  • if you’re transferring to King’s to study the same programme
  • if your new programme will be at a higher level or the same level and meets UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI)’s academic progression requirements
  • if you’ll be joining us to study an intercalation programme
  • if your previous visa sponsor has had its sponsor licence removed

Please use this interactive guide to find out if you’ll need a new visa and what options you’ll have to apply.

After completing the interactive guide, you might find the following articles helpful: