In this article:
Do I need a visa assistance letter to attend my ceremony?
The answer to this question will depend on your specific circumstances.
If you are unsure as to whether or not you or your guests require a visa please see the UK Visa and Immigration website for a full list of countries that require a visa to enter the United Kingdom. 

How can I request my visa assistance letter?
If you or your guests require visas in order to attend a graduation ceremony, please complete the relevant section when you book your graduation place. You can re-enter the task to do this up until the booking deadline.

We try to produce all visa assistance letters within 5 working days of receiving the request.

Visa assistance letters produced by the Graduation team cannot be used to support a visa extension application. For assistance with this, please contact Student Advice & International Student Support.

Important to know: You must book your place at the graduation ceremony before we can produce a visa assistance letter for yourself, and you must purchase guest tickets for each of your guests requiring a visa assistance letter before we can produce these for your guests.

How will I receive my visa assistance letter?
If you have requested your letter to be sent in an electronic format it will be emailed to the email address you requested in Student Records within 5 working days. Guest visa letters will be emailed subject to the purchase of guest tickets. 

If you have opted to collect your letter in person, or have nominated someone to collect the letter for you, you can visit the Graduation office any time during our office hours (Monday - Friday, 9-5pm, excluding bank holidays) and we will print it for you. 

Graduation Office
Room B8, James Clerk Maxwell Building
Waterloo Campus
57 Waterloo Road, London SE1 8WA