Sponsored or self-funded?
King's College London will consider you to be a ‘sponsored’ student where your tuition fees are being paid to King’s College London directly from an external organisation.

You will be considered to be a ‘self-funded’ student where;

  • your tuition fees are being paid directly to King’s College London by either you, a member of your family or a friend
  • where you are receiving funding towards your tuition fees and the funding is being paid to you directly, rather than to King’s College London, then you are considered to be self-funded.

There is a slightly different process you’ll need to follow if you are sponsored or self-funded.

To find out what you need to do, please follow the relevant link for you:

If you have any other questions about your fees please check out these FAQs and Quick Links as they are a great source of information.

Important to know: Please be aware that funding from a friend or family member is not classified as sponsorship.



I am being sponsored for my tuition fees, what do I need to know?



My sponsor is paying my tuition fees, what do I need to do?



My sponsor is asking for confirmation of enrolment and fees


Comments (0)