A few weeks before you join us at King's, we will send you an email inviting you to set up your King's IT account. Your Welcome email will contain your King's username, which begins with the letter K and is followed by 7 or 8 numbers ( k0123456), and your temporary password.
If you've previously studied at King's, and still using the King's username quoted in the email, and your original password still works, then you can skip this step and go straight to completing Online Enrolment.
1) How to set up your IT Account:
- Go to the IT self-registration page.
- Follow the instructions to set up your security questions and answer
- Create a password that you can remember
- You can now access your email using the Outlook web app. Your email username is your King's username plus @kcl.ac.uk (for example email@example.com)’
Once you've set up your King's IT account, the next step is to complete Online Enrolment and upload your photograph for your Student ID card. Online Enrolment should take 10-15 minutes to complete, and it involves answering a number of questions about yourself in order for us to create your student record. We will also require you to answer a series of questions set by the UK Government for statistical purposes.
How to complete online enrolment:
- After you have set up your King's IT account, go to Student Records and log-in with your King's username (your K-number) and password.
- Once you've logged in, you will be taken to a page titled 'My Enrolment' where you can work through each section and answer the required questions.
- When you've finished, you will be presented with a confirmation screen and you should also receive a confirmation email to your KCL email address. This email will outline if there is anything you need to do next.
- If you haven't done so already, you will need to upload your photo for your student card
Important to know:
- If you encounter any issues with the online enrolment process, please get in touch with Registry Services
- If you will not be arriving in the UK in September, you will still be able to access everything online as long as you have complete online enrolment.
Once you have completed online enrolment, you will need to upload a photograph for your student ID card.
3) To upload a photograph:
- Using a desktop or laptop, log into Student Records, with your ‘K number’ and your password
- Go to ‘My online Tasks’ on the left-hand side and will be highlighted in red.
- Select the message with the subject ‘2020/21 Photo upload’
- You will then be able to change your photo.
Important to know: You’ll be able to change your photo, up until the expiry date or until your card is printed, whichever is sooner.
Collecting your ID cardTake a look at our article How do I collect my ID Card? for more information on getting your ID card in Semester 1.