To rent a private property in the UK, you’ll need to provide evidence of your right to rent. Anyone who doesn’t hold British or Irish nationality must provide evidence that they have a valid immigration permission for the UK.

Landlords are required to perform and approve a right to rent check up to a maximum of 28 calendar days before the start of your tenancy agreement.


I have a valid Student visa and have a BRP/Digital Status



I have a Student visa entry vignette, but I haven’t collected my BRP yet



I’m in the UK, I’ve applied for a new Student visa and I’m still waiting for the decision



I'm in the UK as a Visitor



I’m outside of the UK and I haven’t received my Student visa yet