King's College London offers an online support service called Big White Wall that you can use at any time. The service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from any device with an internet connection.
Big White Wall is a safe and anonymous online space you can go to if you’re feeling down, struggling to cope or just want to talk to people who understand what you’re going through. Whether you want to speak to peers or a counsellor, it's a great source of support outside normal office hours and means you can get support when our services are closed, including evenings, weekends and outside term.
What can I do on Big White Wall?
- Get things off your chest and share with people experiencing similar issues to you
- Express how you’re feeling with words and images
- Learn practical skills to help you cope better
- Take self-assessments and monitor your progress
- Join group courses on topics such as stress, problem solving and negative thinking
How do I join Big White Wall?
- Visit the Big White Wall website.
- Click the "join us" button.
- Under "Organisation" select "Universities & Colleges" from the dropdown list and click next.
- Enter your King's email address using your k number and then click next. The format of your email address should be firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete the remaining fields, including choosing an anonymous username and password and then click sign up.
- You should then receive an email to your King's email account inviting you to complete the registration process.
Is it really anonymous?
Yes! Big White Wall is completely separate from the university and requires all users to have a username that won't identify them. You can learn more about how Big White Wall maintains user anonymity and why on their FAQ pages about Wall Safety.