Important to know: In line with the most recent UK government advice, the team are currently working remotely and have no access to printing or posting facilities. As such, no degree certificates are currently being produced. For those awarded 1st December 2020 and later; we hope to resume our certificate production and dispatching in April 2021.

While awaiting your certificate, if you urgently need to prove your degree, we recommend exploring alternative ways to prove your degree.

In this article:


What type of certificates are produced by King’s College London? 
The following certificates below are produced by King’s College London, and include:  

  • All diploma certificates regardless of date. 
  • Any awards for those students who opted for a King’s College London award, when given a choice through Student Records.
  • Degree-level awards (including intercalations) for students who began their courses in 2007/08 or later. 
  • MBBS and BDS awards for students who began in 2008/09 or later.

Important to know: If you’ve studied at King’s before the 2008/9 academic year, studied a federal degree programme, or you opted in to receive an award from the University of London, instead of King’s, you’ll find guidance on how to request for a replacement certificate in our article I studied at King’s before 2008, how do I request a replacement for my degree certificate?


What course will King's not produce a certificate for?

Certificates are not produced for free-standing Nursing modules. 

For information on how to obtain a profile or transcript for a nursing module, please take a look at the Nightingale Student Hub’s Contact webpage; there you will find information about Nursing Profiles. 

If you have any further queries, the Nightingale Hub will be able to help you.  


How & when will I receive my certificate? 
Your certificate will be posted within 3 months from the date of your award. Your award date is usually the 1st of the month, following the Assessment Sub Board meeting. During our busiest periods (November-January) and (July-August), your certificate may take longer to produce.

You'll be sent your certificate by post to your home address on your student record, via Royal Mail Standard 1st Class. You can find out more about estimated delivery times by visiting Royal Mail

Unfortunately, we’re not able to send your certificate using any other courier, or electronically.  

Important to know:

  • You won't be contacted to confirm dispatch of your certificate, unless we have queries about your address details. Certificates are being posted monthly, up to the award date given at the top of this article.
  • Please make sure your address on your student record is up-to-date.
  • Tracking information for certificates is not available. For the latest updates on international post, visit Royal Mail International incidence updates.
  • If you have an international address, please make sure your record shows both the English and local script characters.


I’m a PhD graduate; what happens with my degree certificate?

All students are required to email their final e-thesis and declaration directly to the library by email and also copy in the Research Degrees team before your certificate can be released.

Where will my certificate be sent?
As with all students, your certificate will be sent to your home address on record, so we advise making sure this is up-to-date. If you’re unsure how to do this, please refer to How do I update my address on my student record?


How do I receive my certificate if I’ve recently moved? 
If you’ve recently moved and you are concerned about that your certificate may have been posted to an old address, please get in touch with us.

Important to know:

  • The Boards & Awards team will always follow the address details provided on your student record, and they are unable to amend these details on your record.
  • If Royal Mail returns your undelivered certificate back to the Boards & Awards Office, you will be contacted to arrange redelivery once this has been received with us.


Getting a certificate for the Associateship of King's College London (AKC) 
If you’ve taken the Associateship of King’s College (AKC), the Dean’s Office will produce your certificate upon completion of your studies.

If you’ve any queries about your certificate, get in touch with the Dean’s Office by email and they’ll be able to assist you further. 


I’ve lost my degree certificate; can I order a replacement?
Unfortunately, we’re unable to issue replacements for lost or damaged certificates at this time. Once we’re able to reinstate this service, we will update this information here.


What alternatives are there to my certificate to prove my degree? 
King’s offers a number of alternative documents to your degree certificate, which are just as official and valid. All of this are in electronic format – which is more accessible for you, and means you can get the documentation you need quickly.

We strongly recommend obtaining confirmation of award via the following sources: 

For more detail about the various digital options available for you, please see our article I need to prove I've graduated.

Struggling with employers or other third parties recognising your digital documentation?
Change can be fast-paced, and so not all organisations are familiar with the full range of documents and verification services available for King’s graduates.

If you’re experiencing this, please refer third parties to these articles to help explain what King’s provides:
Comments (0)