Once logged in to ‘My Services’ you can:
- Get in touch with our friendly team by logging a case with us
- Self serve, by downloading a range of documents suitable for your needs at a time that suits you
- Request a document or letter
- View all existing & closed enquiries
- Re-activate a case
- Close a case
Using Self Service
Throughout your studies, you'll be able to download documents to:
- Prove you're a student
- Prove the sum of your tuition fees
- Prove your term dates
- Prove your address
- Prove your module results and registrations for studying abroad
Important to know: Before requesting a document from us, take a look at the range of documents you’ll be able to access yourself. Find out more in our article What documents can I access myself?
Using our King's Virtual Assistant/Webchat
To enhance your experience whilst using Student Services Online, we’ve launched a new Virtual Assistant and Web Chat service. Using the new service, you can access guidance on a range of topics on our webpages and chat with someone for further support.
Monday: 09:30 - 16:30
Tuesday: 09:30 - 16:30
Wednesday: 10.15 - 16:30
Friday: 09:30 -16:30
To help you to get the most out of our Virtual Assistant and Web Chat service, we've got 3 top tips for you:
- Sign in first! If you have a King’s IT account, we highly recommend signing in to Student Services Online first so that if you need to chat with a person, they know who you are without needing to verify your ID.
- Keep it simple! To get the best results when chatting with the Virtual Assistant, we recommend searching for keywords relating to your enquiry, for example (‘enrolment’, ‘timetable’, ‘exams’), and using the option boxes when presented.
- Don’t be rude! Please do not use words or phrases of an offensive or derogatory nature with the Virtual Assistant as your chat history is made available to staff if you select to chat with a person, and staff will be regularly reviewing interactions to continuously improve the service.
Our Virtual Assistant is new and young, but it will get smarter over time as it learns from interactions, and we continuously improve its capabilities. Your feedback is vital, so when prompted, please do let us know what your experience was so you can help shape the future use of AI (Artificial Intelligence) in student support.
What should I do if the Webchat/Virtual Assistant is not working/taking too long to respond?
If you experience any issues while using the Web chat/Virtual Assistant, please log a case with us, including your original question and a brief description of the technical issues you had.
Requesting a document or letter
If our self-service options above do not fulfil your request, you can get in touch with us to request a document or letter. We will need to liaise with one or more of our specialist teams across the University when fulfilling complex or personalised document requests, which may take us a little longer to produce.
Important to know: To help us to fulfil your request, please provide as much information about what you need the document for, and who you are intending to give this document to. (for example, the bank or an embassy)
Viewing your existing and closed cases
Once you’ve logged into ‘My services’ you’ll be able to view both your existing and closed cases, under ‘My Enquiries’.
Under ‘My Enquires’:
• You’ll be able to view the title and case reference number of all your existing and closed cases
• You’ll be able to view the status of an existing case, under ‘status reason’
• You’ll also have the option to search for an existing case, using the search bar and magnifying glass
• You’ll have the option to re-activate a case
How do I close a case?
- Log into ‘My services’ and select 'My Enquiries'
- Select the case number that you wish to close Under the heading 'Case Number'
- Once within the case:
- Under the heading 'Close this case' select 'Yes'
- Provide the reason why you wish to close the case when prompted to.
- Select the 'Close Case' button on the top right-hand side of the page.
- Confirm that you wish to close the case when prompted to.
I’m having issues logging into ‘My Services’
If you’re having difficulties logging in to ‘My services’ with your King’s Credentials, please contact the IT Service Desk in the first instance.