If you think you've been targeted by a scam, don’t keep it to yourself. You can seek advice and support from teams at King's, and should also report the scam to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.
Teams who can support you:
- If you are the target or victim of any scams related to fee payments at King's, email Credit Control.
- If you receive an email about your student loan(s) and aren't sure if it's legitimate, email the Student Loans Company Phishing Team.
- If you receive a call from someone claiming to be from the Home Office and asking you to make a payment, contact the Visa & International Student Advice Team.
- If you need further advice on potential scams related to money or accommodation, contact the Money & Housing Team.
For more information and guidance:
- Our Money Mentors also have a blog with articles and tips on avoiding scams; in particular their post about scams.
- Money Helper - Help with scams
- If you think you've been a victim of fraud through the purchase of a product or service, contact the Citizen's Consumer helpline.
- Visit Blackbullion for student-friendly tips on how to manage your finances at university.
Learn more about scams with our videos:
Understanding & Avoiding Scams Part 1: What is a Scam?
Understanding & Avoiding Scams Part 2: Known Student Scams