The university is closed on official public holidays, known in the UK as ‘bank’ holidays, and has a few other closure days throughout the year. On these days, university buildings will be closed and no services will be running.
Closure dates for 2021 (calendar year):
- New Year's Day (Friday 1 January)
- Good Friday (Friday 2 April)
- Easter Monday (Monday 5 April)
- Early May Bank Holiday (Monday 3 May)
- Spring Bank Holiday (Monday 31 May)
- Summer Bank Holiday (Monday 30 August)
- Monday 27 December (substitute day for Christmas Day)
- Tuesday 28 December (substitute day for Boxing Day)
Important to know: These closure dates are separate to the 2020-21 academic year. These dates, including teaching dates and term breaks, can be found on the Academic Calendar webpages.