The university is open throughout the year Monday to Friday, including during term breaks. Some facilities, such as libraries, will also be open on weekends.
We are however, closed on official public holidays, known in the UK as ‘bank’ holidays, and has a few other closure days throughout the year. On these days, university buildings will be closed and no services will be running.
However, if you're looking for study spaces during a vacation period, please refer to our article Where can I study on campus? which has the latest details and arrangements.
Closure dates for 2022 (calendar year):
- New Year's Day: Monday 3 January (Substitute Day)
- Good Friday: Friday 15 April
- Easter Monday: Monday 18 April
- Early May Bank Holiday: Monday 2 May
- Spring Bank Holiday: Thursday 2 June
- Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday: Friday 3 June
- Summer Bank Holiday: Monday 29 August
- Christmas Day: Tuesday 27 December (Substitute Day)
- Boxing Day: Monday 26 December
Important to know: These closure dates are separate to the 2021-22 academic year. These dates, including teaching dates and term breaks, can be found by visiting the Academic Calendar.