- The academic calendar captures the dates for semesters and other key dates across the academic year, which runs from September to August.
- These dates apply to all faculties and to the majority of undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate taught (PGT) programmes.
- For further details related to more specific dates for your course, please contact your faculty or department.
Welcome to King's enrolment events: Monday 20 September – Friday 24 September 2021
Faculties may hold welcome sessions for some programmes outside of this period. Please check with your faculty for further information.
- Semester 1
- Teaching: Monday 27 September – Friday 10 December 2021
- Teaching/Revision: Monday 13 December – Friday 17 December 2021
- Semester 2
- Teaching: Monday 17 January – Friday 1 April 2022
These dates are when the majority of UG and PGT students are expected to be at university.
Please check with your faculty for further detail.
If your programme has reading weeks, they will normally be:
- Monday 1 November – Friday 5 November 2021
- Monday 21 February – Friday 25 February 2022
- Period 1: Monday 10 January – Friday 14 January 2022
- Period 2: Tuesday 3 May – Wednesday 1 June 2022
- Period 3: Monday 8 August – Friday 19 August 2022
These are the university’s established assessment periods during which most UG and PGT examinations will be held. However, not all students will have examinations during each period. Please check with your faculty for further information and refer to our article on the exam timetable.
Attendance & holidays
- Normal hours of operation are 08:00 – 18:00. These are the times in which you should expect teaching, learning and assessment activities to be timetabled.
- If you are a Postgraduate Taught (PGT) student, you are expected to work on your dissertation/project throughout the summer.
- If you are a Postgraduate Research student (PGR), you should agree vacations in writing with your supervisor.