King's has three examination and assessment periods across the academic year.
For the 2023-24 academic year, these are:
- Assessment Period 1: Friday 5 January - Thursday 11 January 2024
- Assessment Period 2: Monday 29 April - Wednesday 29 May 2024
- Assessment Period 3: Monday 5 August - Friday 16 August 2024
Remember, not all students will have exams or assessments in every assessment period. Your faculty or department will let you know which exams and assessments you will need to complete in each period, if any.
Exam timetables are released as far in advance of the start of each assessment period as possible. You'll be sent an email to let you know when your exam timetable is ready.
For more information, please see our article Support when registering for your exams & accessing your exam timetable
Important to know:
- If there are exams missing on your exam timetable when it's released, or you can see exams you were not expecting, please contact your department or faculty.
- Deadlines for all other submission types (e.g., coursework, essays) will be communicated to you by your department. If you have any queries, please contact your department or faculty.
Preparing to take assessments at Kings
The following articles may be helpful as you prepare to take assessments:
- How can I prepare for assessments at King’s?
- What are the different ways I can be assessed at King’s?
- Travelling to and taking your exam at ExCeL London
Personalised Assessment Arrangements (PAA)
If you have approved Personalised Assessment Arrangements, you will be able to find your exam room location and seat number via your personalised exam timetable on KCL My Timetable when it's released. Please refer to our article After you have submitted your Personalised Assessment Arrangements (PAA) application for more information.