If you are not going to be able to arrive to King’s before your course start date, we have provided a check list of who you need to contract, depending on your circumstances:
- Inform your faculty/department that you will be arriving late, so that they know when you will be arriving and to expect you.
- If you are staying in University accommodation, contact your halls of residence.
- Complete the online enrolment task, so that you are ready to complete enrolment when you arrive on campus. If you are an international student, you will also need to complete your Right to Study check, once you arrive in the UK before you are able to collect your student ID card.
- Read our article What software & systems do I need to know about for my studies?
Once you have arrived in the UK you will want to complete the enrolment process as soon as possible so that you can collect your ID card and attend your programme. These are the things that you will need to do when you arrive on campus:
- Read our article It's my first time on campus, how will I collect my ID card? for the latest guidance on obtaining your ID card. Remember if you are an international student you need to complete the Right to Study checks once you arrive in the UK. You will need to do this before being able to collect your ID card
- Obtain your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) if you are an international student once you've arrived.
- Get involved in Welcome to King's. Take part in a wide range of events and activities during your first semester at King's.
If you are arriving late because your visa application is delayed then please contact our advice team.