We know that the coronavirus pandemic continues to impact our international student community in many ways. We remain committed to supporting our EU/EEA/Swiss & International community during these difficult circumstances, wherever they are studying at the moment. 
This article summarises the various support options accessible to our international student community throughout the 2020-21 academic year. 

Immigration & visa advice 

We have a dedicated team of Specialist International Advisers who can offer support and guidance to all international students. The team currently offer remote appointments via Microsoft Teams/Skype. You can book an appointment with an adviser through our online enquiry form.
If you wish you speak to the team by phone, you can call the Student Advice Line.

Remote study & visas
There is bespoke guidance on visa and immigration support during remote study, which answer common questions/concerns raised by our international student community; you can find further information in our articles below:




Technical support & learning resources

At King's, we have a range of software and online resources to enhance your learning and help you excel in your studies. Take a look at our article What software & systems do I need to know about for my studies for more information. Visit our Academic, digital & employability skills section for a range of articles on how to develop your different study skills.
I need IT support:
For IT support during remote study, our Service Desk provide support to all our students, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. 



Hardship support 

The King’s Coronavirus Financial Assistance Fund has been set up with support from the Office for Students. The fund is intended to help students in financial hardship due to the pandemic and is open to home, overseas and EU students at undergraduate and postgraduate level. To find out more including how to apply, visit the King's Coronavirus Financial Assistance Fund webpage. This fund is open for applications until 19 March 2021.

In addition, there are a wide range of charitable organisations across the UK that assist international students facing financial hardship with grants and scholarships. We’ve put together a list of organisations in our article I’m an International student, what financial support can I access?




Wellbeing & mental health support

Throughout the 20-21 academic year we’ve expanded our offering of wellbeing and mental health support to allow all students to seek advice and support at their convenience.
We have a wide range of support options and resources to help you combat feelings of stress and anxiety that are accessible wherever you are. For a detailed overview, please visit our article Mental health & wellbeing during the coronavirus pandemic.

You can also find a list of local organisations and additional resources you can access in your home country using the webpages below: 

Important to know:
Due to various licensing and registration issues, the Counselling & Mental Health Support Service are only permitted to offer 30-minute welfare appointment to students based overseas; 50-minute appointments are available only to students who are based in the UK.
The law in some countries restricts the right to practise as a counsellor or psychologist and practitioners have to meet the local professional requirements to be legally compliant.



If you’re an international student living in the UK

I need to register with the police:
The Overseas Visitors Records Office (OVRO) has suspended Police Registration in London until further notice. Please do not attend your appointment. if you have already booked an appointment then you should receive an email cancellation confirmation. Read our article How do I register with the police? for further guidance on registering with the police during this time.

I’ve lost my BRP/passport
Please see our article I’ve lost my BRP/Passport, what should I do for further guidance.
Advice when the university is closed:
There are a number of organisations that offer visa and immigration advice when the university is closed; we’ve collated a list of options you can explore in our article International and immigration advice when university services are closed.